Growing up

Gabe has recently passed two MAJOR milestones this past month. The first and most exciting, (for me anyway) is potty training. Gabe is now officially potty trained! It is still weird to me to talk about the bathroom habits of a two year old but I am just so gosh damn proud of him I am going to. He hasn't had an accident in, well I can't remember the last one. Really there have only been a handful of them since we started. Now he is an independent potty goer. It's so exciting to see him hop up from the sofa, or stop playing trains, just to walk into the bathroom and "use it" without any mention from Chris or I. Nothing says, "I'm a big kid now" like being able to handle your own crap. Ha! Being back to only one kid in diapers is pretty nice.

Enough potty talk, on to milestone number two! We have a preschooler here folks! And he loves it. And I mean LOVES IT! Almost every morning when I walk into Gabe's room the first thing he asks me is, "school today mommy?". (With the exception of this morning when he asked for ice cream which is another story. ) Gabe is going to school two days a week and is very upset in the afternoons when I pick him up. He loves to talk about his new "friends" and his favorite teachers Mrs Betty and Mrs Tonya. I just wish I could understand all the names he keeps saying. Some days I think he is saying things like Keven and Kaylee then the next it sounds like Kara and Presby. I think I'm pretty sure Kara = Sara Paige and Presby = Presley. Needless to say, he is having a ball.

DSCN1084

walking in to school

In preparation for preschool I took on the challenge of making Gabe's nap mat. It turned out pretty good I think and he really likes it. He has even taken a few naps at home in it.

Nap mat I made for Gabe

Nap mat I made for Gabe

While I'm on the topic of projects I have to make a quick mention of the glider my mom helped me refinish. And by help I mean she did most of the work. Ha! But it turned out great!
It went from this-
Before

To this-
After

And finally I can't have a blog post without my sweet Will. He is growing fast and even working on some teeth. I sure do love my little chunky monkey!

Photo09161508

Photo09181913_1

No comments: